Saturday 28 April 2012

Promises Kept!

I think I kept my promise. I smoothed her complexion a little more, and think she's beautiful now. I remade the film with the last few shots added in.



Anyway, she's gone to China again, and I've send the payment for re-working. I still need to find a Pantone Colour chart so I can be specific about the colour resin I'd like them to use. The sample they sent was a little yellower than I want really, but if I say I want the tiniest touch of red added she might come back coral colored or peachy, which isn't what I want. In a couple of weeks they should send something back that that I will approve, and then we'll be full steam ahead. (Full steam once I've worked out where I get the money from to order a hundred of the figures...)


These images were also taken using the digital microscope (and put together in Photoshop) which is why they have such a change in the light on different parts of the body... 

The exhibition ' An Unavoidable Intimacy' mentioned in the first post (Once upon a time) has been extended for a week, which is great. I've invited everyone again by email and Facebook. Must remember to do Linkedin as well. 

The Rumsey Wells basement, 4 St Andrews Street, Norwich, NR2 4AF 
Open Monday 12.00 - 5.00 and Tuesday till Saturday , 12.00 - 3.00

People might be getting fed up of my emails by now, but the response to the work has been so enthusiastic that I might as well keep promoting it! 

Got home from the day job on Friday to three lovely emails from people who've seen the show, including one from the man who cast most of the Twelvemo Figures in the exhibition 12 years ago! He was visiting Norwich quite by chance and found a flyer for the show in a coffee shop and popped in. His help back then was invaluable, and his patience was very stretched by the project (!) so I'm delighted he's seen what I'm doing now with the figure and likes what he sees. Normally his company makes huge fiberglass things, like gigantic guitars for stage shows and all sorts. 

And well done, and many thanks are due to Luke Emery, for promoting my exhibition so effectively! You can find out more about Art in the Underbelly in his blog;

Also, please share this blog or any of the other Twelvemo platforms with your friends and contacts, and if you haven't done so already please take a look at my Etsy shop;

In the last 12 months nearly 7000 people have visited it and 444 have 'favorited' an item or the shop! It's quite interesting watching the stats... Have to calm myself down sometimes, and remind myself that the massive, huge spike in visitors that might happen from time to time does in fact, only indicate that another, ooh, 4 or 5 people have visited.

I'll be back when I have more news to share...


No comments:

Post a Comment